April Zoo Camp Starts April 20th
Explore nature. Discover wildlife. Meet exotic creatures.
Enter Forest Park through the Sumner Avenue gate. Give your child’s name to the attendant at the toll booth. Follow the one-way road & bear right. Follow past the parking lot & Rose Garden to the brown service gate/fence. (You will see a yellow windmill behind the fence). Your child’s counselor will be there waiting for you. Please be sure to have all of your child’s paperwork with you if necessary for check-in which is promptly at 9 a.m. Please wait at your car until the counselor arrives.
- Campers must bring their own lunch and drinks with them from home
- We do spend part of the day outside, so please send your camper with the proper winter attire & a water bottle (a strap is helpful)
- Campers can come with a mid-morning snack or after-care snack
- Campers will not be permitted to leave zoo grounds for lunch
- A microwave & refrigerator will NOT be provided
- We are happy to work around food allergies; if your child needs a peanut free table please let your counselor know
- Please send campers in weather-appropriate clothes each day. We spend some time outdoors.
- A coat, scarf, hat and gloves/mittens will be required.
- Closed-toe, athletic style shoes/boots are preferred.
- Please label all of your child’s belongings with their name.
- We recommend a “just in case” pair of clothes on snowy days.