The leaves are turning and there's a chill in the air...Spooky Safari is near! Just like everything this year, Spooky Safari looks a little different. Check out the event details below!
Join us as we host our annual, family-friendly Halloween celebration - this year's Spooky Safari is held on October 31st from 10am-4pm. This year we will be holding a walk-through event with different grab-and-go stations serving up pre-packaged candy*, pumpkins, at-home crafts, and more! Children and teens alike are welcome to participate - each person in possession of child or teen ticket will be given a wristband and an empty goody bag upon entry to fill up as they walk through The Zoo (see below for ages and pricing).
The fun doesn't stop there - stop by the Gift Shop and snag some Zoo merch before it's gone for the season!
Love to win great prizes? Enter our raffle! Purchase your tickets online now through October 23rd and pick them up at the ticket booth when you arrive - don't forget to stop by the raffle table and drop your tickets in the pumpkin that matches the prize you want to win! Raffle tickets are $1 per ticket. Winner will be announced Monday, November 3rd. Raffle prizes must be picked up at The Zoo or other arrangements must be made by Sunday, November 8th.
Our costume and pumpkin contests have gone virtual! Come in costume and snap a picture inside The Zoo to post on our Costume Contest Facebook thread! Our judges will pick one winner in each of the following categories: Funniest, Best Family/Group Costume, and Most Creative. Did you score a pumpkin during the event? Post your decorated pumpkin in our Pumpkin Contest Facebook thread! The winner will be the pumpkin with the most likes at the end of the voting period. Winners for the costume and pumpkin contests will be announced at 12pm on Friday, November 6th.
*Allergy substitute available instead of candy. Does not contain food items.
tickets ARE SOLD OUT FOR OCT. 31.
Spooky Safari is officially sold out, but don’t fret, we’re open 10-4 on Sunday, November 1st! We’ll be handing out pre-packaged goody bags, one per family, on a first come, first served basis while supplies last! Come in costume and snap a photo for our virtual costume contest, enter our raffle to win awesome prizes, and receive 20% off your gift shop purchase. Purchase tickets for Sunday, Nov. 1 here.
Member Senior - $5
Guests under the age of 1 who do not wish to receive a goody bag do not need tickets.
Children age 0-12 or teens age 13-18 are eligible to receive goody bag with valid child or teen ticket.
Memberships will be validated upon arrival.
Spooky Safari Rules & Regulations:
- All Zoo guests are required to have a pre-purchased, timed-ticket to enter The Zoo in Forest Park & Education Center if they are age 1 and over.
- No tickets will be sold at the ticket booth for this event.
- Pre-registration is required, no tickets may be purchased after the deadline unless The Zoo releases additional tickets.
- The time listed on your ticket is your Zoo arrival time. Late guests may be required to wait while scheduled guests enter first.
- Guests more than 45 minutes past their scheduled ticket time will be denied entry.
- We ask that guests limit their visit to 1 hour for this event.
- There is no re-entry to this event.
- Costume masks are not a substitute for face coverings. Face coverings must be worn at all times within The Zoo. See more info below.
- There are no reschedules for this event unless The Zoo cancels the event due to severe weather, in which case all tickets will automatically be transferred to our rain date for the same time as the original ticket. No refunds will be issued.
- Groupons and library passes are not valid during Spooky Safari.
- All ticket sales are final. No refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
- Spooky Safari Zoo guests agree to all standard Zoo rules (listed below).
Zoo Rules & Regulations
- All guests over the age of two must wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose at all times while inside The Zoo, unless prevented by a medical condition. Guests that are unable to wear a mask for medical reasons agree to skip all feline, primate, and carnivore exhibits, in accordance with USDA regulations.
- Remain six feet apart from other parties at all times.
- Follow the one-way path around The Zoo, avoiding sectioned off areas and the inside of the barn.
- Do not touch, pet or feed the animals.