*2019 registration will be posted later this spring!
Learn what it's like to be a Zookeeper!
The Crew in Training (CIT) Program is a unique way for teens ages 14 – 17 to volunteer at the zoo. The program begins the last week of June and runs through the last week of August. They will gain valuable, hands-on experience of what a typical zoo keeper's day is like. We offer new CIT's an opportunity to learn how our animal care program works. Once they have been here for one complete summer, returning CITs will have the chance to help in other areas of the zoo such as camp, special events, and programs within our education department.
CIT's will be working outside all day, so please come dressed prepared for the weather
Reservations aren't confirmed until paid full
Please bring a bagged lunch (refrigerator will be available)
- 14 – 17 years of age
- One year Zoo Camp or other summer zoo program is recommended (but not required)
- Ability to follow a daily work routine and safe working practices
- Public speaking experience is helpful as our CIT's will interact with the general public at the zoo on a daily basis. They will need to give accurate information about the animals and the Zoo.
- Experience with raking, shoveling, and using a wheelbarrow is essential.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds
Please be aware that this program now works on a first-come first-served basis. All applications will be reviewed by our education department staff and the CIT coordinator. No phone calls or e-mails please; we will call all applicants that have been accepted into the program.
|CIT Registration Form.pdf|
|Permission Release Form.pdf|
The Zoo is now CLOSED for the season.
We will open for the season on Saturday, March 30, 2019, weather permitting.
Open Daily: closed to closed
Weekends: closed to closed
Seniors (Age 62+): $7.00
Children (Ages 1 to 12): $5.00