Do you have a wild side? Become a volunteer
The Zoo In Forest Park, as a non-profit organization, depends on many dedicated volunteers to support the Zoo and its educational mission. A variety of volunteer opportunities are available. Adult volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
The Zoo is able to grow and better serve the community in great part because of the active volunteers who give of their time and talents. Training is provided by the staff and experienced volunteers.
More Volunteer Opportunities
- Help with Animal Care
- Assist in the Gift Shop and Ticket Booth
- Office work with memberships, Mailings, Adopt An Animal, and other projects
- Work with Junior Zookeepers and College Interns
- Help with Gardening and Grounds Maintenance
- Give Guided Tours of the Zoo
- Conduct "Zoo On The Go" presentations and "Discovery Programs"
- Help with Special Events
Volunteer Gardeners Needed
The Zoo needs gardeners to help with spring clean-up and planting. Help is needed to enlarge our butterfly gardens and in identifying and labeling plants in the gardens, as well as trees and shrubs within the zoo grounds. Please call the Volunteer Center at the zoo for more information (413) 733-2251 ext. 301
Please fill out the application and submit to email@example.com.
Open Daily: closed to closed
Weekends: 10:00am to 3:00pm
Seniors (Age 62+): $3.50
Children (Ages 1 to 12): $3.25